Who should attend?
This course is aimed at those who are involved with or have responsibility for their businesses’ environmental management. This course is suitable for all levels within the organisation.
Previous delegates include:
- Environmental Managers / Practitioners / Management Representatives
- Employees involved with/contributing to an Environmental Management System
The course objectives are to:
- Achieve an understanding of how the Earth’s systems work;
- Explore the role of humans within the Earth’s systems (understand humans are part of this not apart from it), and assess the consequences of environmental decline and depletion of finite resources;
- Evaluate what the above (and sustainable development) means for you, your community, and your organisation; identifying practical actions to take as a result.
What will you learn?
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the Earth’s key natural cycles and describe the interdependence of Earth’s key life support systems;
- Explain how human activities are disrupting these natural cycles and systems;
- Define sustainable development and the role of key local, national, and global organisations in its implementation;
- Discuss the relevance of these issues for their organisation and what action could be taken to enhance their organisations environmental performance;
- Identify, and utilise key sources of informed guidance for future reference.
How will you benefit?
By attending this course you will be able to:
- Identify potential cost saving opportunities within your business
- Identify environmental risks and opportunities for improvement in environmental performance within your business
All delegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance upon completion of this IEMA Approved Environmental Awareness course.
Would you like to book your place on Introduction to Environmental Awareness (IEMA Approved)?
Simply click the button below and one of our Trainers will call you back